Posted at 4:11 PM on Monday, October 13, 2008 by David Horowitz
Tonight I'm speaking at Central Michigan University a campus with 20,000+ students, while my colleague Robert Spencer is at Penn State. As usual the threat of violence from the campus left is great enough that the university administration has decided to assign security guards to the event. In an act that reveals how university administrators are enablers of the campus jihadists, the president of Central Michigan Michael Rao, has threatened the CMU students that have invited me with the bill for the security. The Foundation for Individual Rights is on the case and hopefullly the university will come to its senses before facing a lawsuit for violating these students' Constitutional Rights. I received the following memo on the situation at Central Michigan from our student organizer there.
Central Michigan University
• CMU has never hosted a center-right speaker; the administration refuses to support conservative groups • CMU has run taxpayer-funded forums with faculty that have blamed Israel for 9/11
• Political Science Professors like Moataz Fattahare are anti-American and routinely express support for the terrorists.
• CMU President Michael Rao encouraged Marxist students to protest a screening of "Obsession" in the spring of 2007.
• CMU launched a police investigation into David Horowitz Freedom Center booklets last fall when they were distributed on campus. They claimed it was a hate crime.
• CMU pays people like Angela Davis and Tom Hayden to speak on campus.
• CMU does not have a formal Muslim Students Association. They have Muslim students, radical profs and sympathetic student organizations and offices (diversity office, affirmative action office, student government).
On the security controversy, student Dennis Lennox has written this story.:
There is no MSA on campus at CMU but there are plenty of campus fascists aka "progressives" who hate America and Israel and will aid anyone seeking to destroy them.
Our target this week is the jihad on campus in general and the Muslim Students Association in particular. The MSA which falsely presents itself as a religious organization representing all Muslims when in fact it is a political organization representing Muslims who support the jihad against the West and the destruction of the Jewish state. The MSA receives student funding under false pretenses and should be compelled to make its agendas clear or renounce the jihad and terrorist organizations such as Hizbollah and Hamas.
The MSA is also an opponent of free speech and is part of a nation-wide Islamo-fascist campaign to suppress the film Obsession. This campaign is spear-headed by organizations associated with the terrorist party Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood and includes the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) and the Muslim American Society (MAS) in addition to the Muslim Students Association.
Here is a story from the North Carolina Daily Tar Heel about our protest on that campus. The story swallows the jihadist line that we are opposed to the MSA's funding because of its "radical ideas." This is a lie the jihadists have learned to tell from the American left whose strategy is to destroy its opponents by labeling them Islamophobic, racist and McCarthyite. The ideas of the MSA are reprehensible and morally disgusting. But this is a free country and they have a right to say what they want. But lying to student activities boards to get student funds is not a right. Presenting themselves as a religous group when they are a political arm of the Islamo-fascist jihad against the West is a form of deception. Allowing them to get away with this endangers the lives and security of moderate Muslims who do not support the jihad and Christians, Jews and Atheists who are infidels in their path.
We have implemented a new commenting system. To use it you must login/register with disqus. Registering is simple and can be done while posting this comment itself. Please contact gzenone [at] horowitzfreedomcenter.org if you have any difficulties.
blog comments powered by