On its website, the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) proudly proclaims its mission -- "To stop the defamation of the Jewish people … to secure justice and fair treatment for all."
But when a Democratic ex-president supports a march by the most notorious anti-Semite and hatemonger in America, the ADL runs for cover.
Bill Clinton has endorsed Minister Louis Farrakhan’s Million More March (scheduled for October 14-15, 2005, in Washington, D.C.). The event will mark the 10th anniversary of Farrakhan’s so-called Million Man March of 1995. (The 100,000-man march probably would be more accurate.)
In an exclusive interview with the Amsterdam News, a black newspaper published in New York City (and posted on its website on May 4th), Clinton calls the Farrakhan project "a very positive idea." Elaborating, the ex-president explains, "Jesse (Jackson) and Mr. Farrakhan and Rev. Sharpton probably have some internal domestic differences, but they’ve agreed on" the rally’s importance.
Clinton also retroactively endorsed the 1995 weird-fest, explaining that Farrakhan and friends, "were basically standing up for the dignity of the family and asking African American men and fathers to be more responsible." Moreover, "it was totally non-violent and got a big participation…."
So, there you have it: There was no looting. No one was assaulted. No Korean stores were torched. Lots of people showed up. That’s supposed to be a recommendation? Say the Klan held a well-attended rally urging rednecks to be better husbands and fathers – and no one was castrated or lynched. Would Monica’s playmate say that was "a very positive idea," too?
To state the obvious, Farrakhan is the biggest Jew-hater in America. Though, in all fairness, he also hates whites, Asians, Catholics and America itself. Did I forget anyone?
- In a February 27, 2005 speech in Chicago, the Nation of Islam leader proclaimed: "Listen, Jewish people don’t have no hands that are free of the blood of us (blacks) (sic.). They owned slave ships. They bought and sold us. They raped and robbed us."
- In 1995 and 1998, at the same venue, Farrakhan disclosed that besides running the trans-Atlantic slave trade, Jews also financed the Holocaust. ("German Jews financed Hitler right here in America.")
- Though few in numbers, in the world according to Louie, Jews control American foreign policy. ("The war in Iraq is not your war; that’s Israel’s war… The rudder that is turning America is not your elected officials; it’s that small, influential group of (Jewish) neo-conservatives that are using America’s power to destroy the enemies of Israel.") Has Farrakhan been talking to Pat Buchanan again?
- He doesn’t hate Jews, Farrakhan pleads. It’s just that Hollywood Jews continually stereotype black people. And Jewish landlords and merchants cheat black folks. And Jewish agents and employers exploit them. "I don’t like the way you (Jews) leech on us. See a leech is somebody that sucks your blood, takes from you and don’t give you a damned thing. … . You become our manager. You become our agent." You see, it’s just coincidence that everyone the Calypso Kid despises is Jewish.
- Also, Jews are, "wicked deceivers of the American people. You have sucked their blood. You are not real Jews (who everyone knows were black) You are the synagogue of Satan, and you have wrapped your tentacles around the US government, and you are deceiving and sending this nation to hell… . But if you choose to crucify me (subtle reference to the Deicide charge), know that Allah will crucify you." Oh, alright – he does hate Jews.
- Little wonder that you’ll usually find copies of notorious anti-Semitic tracts -- like "The Jews and Their Lies," "The Secret Relationship Between Blacks and Jews" (purporting to "document" Jewish control of the slave trade) and, that favorite of Aryan Nation-types and holy warriors alike, "The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion") -- on sale at Farrakhan events, as they were at the 1995 March.
- That Minister Farrakhan is concerned about alleged Jewish control of America, doesn’t mean he’s enamored of the Land of the Free. In a 1997 article in The Amsterdam News, Louie-Lu-i disclosed, "A decree of death has been passed on America. The judgment of God has been rendered and she must be destroyed." Farrakhan and God regularly exchange e-mails.
- Doubtless, one reason Mullah Louis detests America is ‘cause it’s full of – Caucasians. Farrakhan: "White people are potential humans…they haven’t evolved yet." The black fuhrer has also been known to refer to the white race collectively as the "anti-Christ."
- Although Herr Farrakhan rarely pulls his punches, there are things he’d rather not say directly. So, in organizing the next Million Morons March, he’s partnered with one Malik Zulu Shabazz, leader of the (anti-Semitic/racist) New Black Panther Party. At a 2002 protest in front of the B’nai B’rith building in Washington DC, Zulu Shabazz told the mob: "Kill every goddamn Zionist (Jew )in Israel. Goddamn little babies. Goddamn old ladies. Blow up Zionist super-markets!" The better to kill Zionist babies and Zionist grandmothers?
Clinton is willing to brush all of this aside with a wave of his pudgy hand. Here, the ex-president is correcting an egregious oversight. With the exception of Farrakhan, there isn’t a brutish black leader that Clinton hasn’t fawned over. (Think Al Sharpton, think Jesse Jackson – both honored members of Clinton’s party.) By applying lips to Louie’s posterior, Clinton’s groveling is complete.
For the man who fancies himself America’s first black president, there’s one standard for blacks and another for whites. There’s one standard for American leaders, and another for those with a prefix before their names. What would never be tolerated in a Strom Thurmond or a David Duke, is excused in a Louis Farrakhan.
But Clinton isn’t the only one handing out free passes. The Anti-Defamation League is refusing to comment on, let alone condemn, the ex-president’s embrace of Farrakhan’s upcoming orgy of hatred – The Million Stooge March: Part Deux.
On the ADL’s homepage (www.adl.org) you’ll find a statement posted on May 2nd. confessing that the group is "saddened and disheartened" by the involvement of prominent black leaders in the Farrakhan/Shabazz event. It plaintively inquires, "When will someone in the African-American community stand up and say that the Million Man March has a positive message, but the pied piper is a racist and an anti-Semite?"
When will Clinton? And when will the ADL have the guts to condemn/criticize/confront an ex-president who is now an enabler of the pied piper of racism and anti-Semitism?
Despite repeated calls to the Anti-Defamation League’s press office over several days, I couldn’t get any one to talk to me about Clinton’s endorsement of Farrakhan’s march and, by extension, of Farrakhan.
When it comes to attacking conservatives – Pat Robertson, Mel Gibson – the ADL leaps to the fray swinging a battle axe. Of Gibson’s film "The Passion of The Christ," ADL National Director Abraham Foxman warned it "can fuel, trigger, stimulate, induce, rationalize, (and) legitimize anti-Semitism." Like me, you probably missed all of the Bible-Belt pogroms following showings of "The Passion."
Gee, Abe, what will Clinton’s endorsement of Farrakhan’s upcoming Nuremberg rally on the Mall trigger, stimulate, induce, rationalize (and) legitimize?
The ADL has betrayed its original mission. Today, it’s just another leftist group with a leftist agenda. That it refuses to comment on Clinton’s criminal stupidity is un-surprising. Much of its funding comes from wealthy Jewish Democrats who think Clinton is the messiah. The ADL is no more likely to slam a prominent Democrat than the Council on American Islamic Relations is to criticize the Saudi religious authorities.
I hope Clinton takes his endorsement of the Farrakhan’s march to the next logical step.
He could be a guest speaker at the event. If we’re fortunate, the Nation of Islam whack-job will again regale the crowd with his bizarre excursions into numerology. ("In the background is the Jefferson and Lincoln Memorial, each one of these monuments is 19 feet high. Abraham Lincoln, the 16th president. Thomas Jefferson, the third president, and 16 and three make 19 again. What is so deep about this number 19? … When you have a nine, you have a womb that is pregnant. And you have a one standing by the nine. It means there’s something secret that has to be unfolded.") This the Minister presumably learned while eating magic mushrooms with Tibetan lamas during a full solar eclipse, and listening to a Beatles album played backward.
With Clinton standing proudly at his side, perhaps Farrakhan will elucidate some of the other esoteric aspects of his theology – how the white race is the result of a genetic experiment by an evil black scientist, named Yacub, 6,000 years ago. Or how the minister was taken up to a UFO "mothership" where he got the inspiration for the original Million Man March. (Beam him up, Adolph.)
Farrakhan is an uber-bigot. Clinton is a boob. The ADL is a pathetic fraud. The next time you hear Foxman wailing and rending his garments over anti-Semitism, remember how Clinton’s TLC for the Nation of Islam got a free pass from the ADL.