Frontpage Interview’s guest today is Dave Gaubatz, the first U.S. civilian (1811) Federal Agent deployed to Iraq in 2003. He is currently the Director of the Mapping Sharia Project and the Owner of DG Counter-terrorism Publishing (dgaubatz.blogspot.com). He can be contacted at email@example.com.
FP: Dave Gaubatz, welcome back to Frontpage Interview.
I would like to talk to you today about our law enforcement officers (LEOs) and their ability and freedom of action to protect our country from Islamic Jihadist groups.
Where are we on this issue?
Gaubatz: I would like nothing better than to say our LEOs are capable of defending our country against Jihadist activity, but in reality they are not. This includes local, state, and federal LEOs. Our country has the best LEOs in the world, but Americans are fooling themselves if we believe they are prepared and/or trained to be the first line defenders.
There are going to be readers (including LEOs) who will say this is not or can’t be true. Because of the research I am constantly engaged in, I speak to many LEOs. They have the best of intentions, but 99.9% do not understand the basics of counter-terrorism (CT) in regards to Islamic Jihadists. They are trained to respond (reactive) to incidents and not be proactive.
Due to political correctness few departments receive CT training outside of mandatory diversity training by supporters of CAIR and/or ISNA. More funding is provided to ‘Acorn’ than to our local and state LE departments. Most LEOs are relying on electronic and technical investigative tactics than human intelligence (HUMINT). First-hand intelligence obtained directly from people is significantly better than reliance on ‘technical gadgetry’.
FP: Can you give us some evidence and a few examples?
Gaubatz: The best evidence comes from the officers I communicate with on a continuous basis. Many believe they have a ‘grasp’ on the situation, but they contradict themselves by believing liaison with Islamic scholars and groups who advocate terrorism is more important than liaison with Americans who understand the ideology of Jihadists.
An analogy would be for one to believe they can ‘change the heart’ of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (Iranian President). No one is going to change the mind or heart of anyone resolved to destroy Israel and America. No amount of talking, smiles, and handshakes will change their beliefs.
I request all LEOs to answer the following and for non LEOs to contact any LEO and ask them one or all of the following questions. You can then determine if you feel your family is safe from terrorism.
- How many Islamic Centers have you visited (not for public relations/meet, smile, and shake hands, but instead for research/proactive investigative purposes)? Can you tell within 30 seconds of entering a mosque the predominant ideology being practiced (Sunni or Shiite)?
- Are there any Imams advocating in open literature at their mosque to beat their wife (or wives) for disobedience? Could this possibly be one of the reasons a Muslim in MN beheaded his wife? In this particular article ISNA advised they were “urging leaders to take a strong stand against domestic violence”. If ISNA really wants to meet this objective I ask them and our LEOs to travel with me to mosques in VA, TN, MI, SC, CA, TX, or any random state they choose. Inside the vast majority are materials instructing the men to beat their wife and for the woman to accept this as part of Islam.
- Why do some Muslims wear only silver rings, silver watches, and have a very light or no moustache and a ‘fistful’ length of beard? Why do they wear the rings and watches on the right hand?
- Have you ever listened to Imam Siraj Wahhaj’s or Ahmad Sakr’s lectures prior to 2001?
- Have you ever talked with or know of Yusef Estes? Would Yusef Estes or Siraj Wahhaj say they are Sunni, Shiite, or ‘Pure Muslim’? (Hint: During the lifetime of Prophet Muhammad were there even Sunni or Shiite divisions?)
- Have you read the complete works of Tafsir Ibn Kathrir, Abul Mawdudi, Fiqh Us Sunnah, Minhaj El Taliban, Sahih Al-Bukhari, Reliance of the Traveller, Criminal Law of Islam, The Hudud, Syed Qutb, or Sahih Muslim? How about 2 pages from either?
- Do you read, write, or speak any Arabic, Urdu, or Farsi?
- Have you ever been to Iraq, Iran, or Saudi Arabia?
- Could you conduct a 30 minute lecture on Sharia Law? Possibly 2 minutes?
- Would you come forward (on television, radio, or newspaper) and show your support for the people of Israel? If not why not?
- Do you feel you would be disciplined (to include being fired) by your department’s leadership if you publically said you believe CAIR supports terrorism and Islamic Jihadists?
- Do you shy away from conducting a traffic stop (even when you are aware the person likely committed an offense) if the person is a female wearing a Hijab?
- Are you afraid ‘false’ allegations may be levied against you for simply questioning a Muslim? Do you fear being sued by CAIR?
- Do you believe your department leadership would support you if an allegation of discrimination or harassment was levied against you by CAIR or ISNA?
- Are you aware Islamic Jihadist training material is being provided to innocent Muslim children at Islamic schools, they are being taught to distrust LEOs, disobey our laws, and to not show loyalty/allegiance to America? (If you answer ‘No’ please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will provide your department first-hand evidence).
FP: These questions are devastating in what they expose.
So you are an expert in counter-terrorism, right?
Gaubatz: No Jamie. I was a law enforcement officer for 15 plus years, trained by the U.S. State Department in Arabic, held a Top Secret security clearance, deployed to various countries throughout the Middle East, worked CT and counter-intelligence (CI) in Iraq, and upon leaving federal service have conducted first-hand research at over 200 mosques, studied thousands of Islamic materials recommended by Islamic scholars, listened to over 5000 hours of lectures by Islamic scholars, and I do not consider myself to be even remotely close to being an ‘expert’ in CT.
I can count on one hand the number of people in America I would even consider being CT experts. Nonie Darwish and Tawfik Hamid are two I highly suggest Americans listen to and adhere to their vast knowledge of CT issues involving Islamic Jihadists.
FP: Speaking of Nonie Darwish, she has a powerful new book out, Cruel and Unusual Punishment. Let’s hope that everyone on the planet who can read, reads it.
So Dave, what is your advice to LEOs in regards to preparing themselves to be our country’s first-line defenders?
Gaubatz: Off duty they should self study Islamic material (books, lectures, and Islamic based internet sites for 6–8 hours a day to include weekends and holidays. Then they need to decide if they are going to protect America or simply play the political correctness ‘game’. Our LEOs were outstanding on Sept, 11th, 2001, but I strongly believe Americans will slowly withdraw their support and demand our children be protected from Islamic terror groups if a reactive versus proactive approach continues.
Americans need only ask themselves how many terrorist attacks (worse than Sept, 11th, 2001) would it take before our LEOs and politicians would no longer be ‘heroes’ for simply responding to attacks with red lights and tough talk. Islamic Jihadists and their supporters are informing us very openly that America is the enemy and we alongside Israel will be destroyed. It is my opinion after daily warnings we (America) receive from terrorist groups and their supporters, there would be no ‘heroes’ welcome for simply responding to the attacks and then going before the cameras and congratulating one another for how fast they arrived on the scene.
I respectfully encourage the leadership of our LEOs to protect our children of all races, religions, and cultures, from the Islamic Jihadist threat, or find alternative employment. Americans want our police officers to be ‘law enforcement’, not politicians.
FP: Thank you Dave Gaubatz. A powerful message this is.