The United Nations recently passed another blatantly anti-Israeli resolution in support of extremist Arab Palestinians claims. There is no longer any point in entering into dialogue with this organization. In countless ways, over many years, the UN has proven itself to be a largely criminal and discredited organization that can no longer claim to have any moral standing. Very few of its 191 members can be counted upon to put principle ahead of crass expediency.
The hopeful vision that accompanied its founding in 1945 has long since evaporated. It was the United Nations that recognized Israel in 1947 and therefore the UN has a duty to protect Israel from forcible extinction and live up to and enforce the UN Charter. If the UN fails to protect any of her members including Israel, then all that remains is a stench along the East River.
Mass murder of millions has gone on for years in many places with no response at all from the UN. There has also been a UN failure to hold violators of human rights responsible and to oppose rogue states seeking the acquisition of weapons of mass murder. The overriding self-interests of dictatorships, police states, anti-Western, anti-democratic, and Arab/Islamic-driven theocratic continue day in and day out to paralyze any possibility that the UN could ever encourage true justice.
Here are just a few examples of major crimes that were ignored by the UN:
* Genocide by the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia in the 1970s estimated at 2 million people.
* North Korea starved to death about 2 million of its own people.
* Saddam Hussein gassing of the Kurds and slaughter of the Marsh Arabs, while devastating their fragile ecosystem.
* Failure to oppose the spread of WMD in Pakistan, North Korea, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Egypt, Libya, etc.
* Moslem genocide of 2 million of southern black Sudanese Christians and animists over an 18-year period. Over 1 million people in Sudan have been driven from their homes with the threat of mass murder of another 400,000 by the end of 2004.
* Slaughter of 800,000 Tutis and Hutu in Rwanda.
* Constant terror attacks on Israel plus the usual calls from Arab and Muslims countries for the destruction of Israel.
* Failure to implement its own resolution for the withdrawal of Syrian troops from Lebanon following Israel’s exit, over four years ago.
The membership roster of the UN’s Human Rights Commission says it all. Some of those stalwart, exemplary nations include Libya, Syria, Sudan, and other rogue states that support terror and daily commit major violations of human rights. It looks more like a lineup before a vice squad, or a ''Who's Who of Mass Murderers!'' It's the fox guarding the UN hen house!
In addition, it was recently revealed how Saddam Hussein figuratively ‘'bought’' the UN under the UN’s 1995 Oil for Food Program. He was allowed to illegally divert 10 percent of all transactions to himself and to various collaborating governments including France, Germany, and Russia. Also dipping his fingers into that ''oily tithe'' was none other than Kofi Annan's own son, one of those on the ''Oil for Food'' monitoring agency.
Entirely legally, the UN itself received a ''commission'' on all ''Oil for Food'' transactions. This became a major revenue source for the UN giving it a substantial vested interest in continuation of Saddam's regime, under lucrative (for the UN) sanctions.
In return for billions in bribes, the UN and some members of the Security Council opposed any U.S. military action against Saddam Hussein. After all, why would they NOT want to drag on the search for a peaceful solution with more years of useless inspections?
Iraqi oil flowed out of the ground and the revenue derived from it flowed into secret bank accounts. Hungry Iraqi children became dead Iraqi children, and America became the ever-convenient ''fall guy.''
Let the truth be known that the UN itself has now become the threat to peace and to world stability. The record is clear—too clear. It is time to stop the pretense that the United Nations is anything other than a hopelessly corrupt, ever mischievous, ever conniving, anti-democratic, failed organization.
It is time to stop looking to it for any honest brokering and leave it on the sideline of world affairs. It is time to establish an alternative mechanism for dealing with the world's ills, and this time, let it be an association of democracies--''by invitation only!''